Thursday, September 15, 2005

New Orleans "Mayor" Excludes Self from Recovery Efforts

Regarding rebuilding the war-torn underwater city of New Orleans, the Anti-Giuliani had this to say:
(AP) "I don't want anyone outside of New Orleans telling us how to plan this city," said New Orleans Mayor [and Dallas, Texas resident] Ray Nagin...
As you may recall:
(Fox News) New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin greeted President Bush when he arrived in Louisiana last night, and was at his side as he fielded questions on the Katrina relief efforts this morning. That quality time with the president, however, marks the mayor's first visit to the disaster area since Wednesday when Nagin pulled up stakes and moved his family to Dallas. The Dallas Morning News reports that Nagin has already bought a house in the city, and enrolled his daughter in school.
I guess that excludes you, "mayor."

In other news, I'll just take my $4.5 million, thank you very much:
[The Heritage Foundation] has proposed that Congress reopen the $286.4 billion transportation bill enacted in July to remove some $25 billion in what it deems questionable projects, including a proposed $230 million bridge in Alaska from Ketchikan to an island with 50 residents.
I'd be happy to move to an island in Alaska for my share of that $230 million, and they don't even have to build me a bridge.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I wholeheartedly agree with the alleged mayor, of course. ;)

Lady Jane said...

I guess Nagin should pay for the reconstruction of New Orleans himself, then. I don't want my money going to a city I don't live in! :)